Navigation

Drone Attacks in Pakistan Making a Terror Attack More Likely

If you are ambivalent about drone attacks, this one may tip you over. I for one am converted. Kudos, Johann Hari.

"I detest jihadism. Their ideology is everything I oppose distilled: Their ideal society is my Hell. It is precisely because I want to really undermine them -- rather than pose as macho -- that I am against this robot slaughter. It enlarges the threat. It drags us into a terrible feedback loop, where the US launches more drone attacks to deal with jihadism, which makes jihadism worse, which prompts more drone attacks, which makes jihadism worse -- and on and on, in a state with nuclear weapons, and with many people in Europe who are from the terrorized region. It could be poised to get even worse: Bob Woodward's Obama's Wars says the US has an immediate plan to bomb 150 targets in Pakistan if there is a jihadi attack inside America."

Obama's Escalating Robot War in Pakistan Is Making a Terror Attack More Likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment